Its gonna happen. Im going to start writing again. I just…its going to be a huge mess. So please bare with me. Its going to be bad, childish, and Im going to need your input. Please help me. And please dont hold back the advice…I need it. I really want to not write like a 14 year old.
So you want to make an OC?: A Masterpost of Ways to Create, Develop, and Make Good OCs!
i made this masterpost in hopes that it helps you in making your own OCs ah;; it can also apply to developing RP characters i suppose! if you’d like to add more resources then go for it sugar pea (´ヮ`)!
How to Write Better OCs:
- basic tips on how to make your oc even better
- tragic backstory? learn how to write one/make yours great
- writing specific characters
- a wordier, great guide on how to develop your character
- kick out those vague descriptions and make them AWESOME
- how to actually make an OC
- Q&A (to develop characters)
- more Q&As
- giving your character a backstory
- how to write an attractive character
- adding more racial diversity
- avoiding tokenism, AKA, how to add diversity to your cast not just because you “need” it
- writing sexuality and gender expression (doesnt include non binary, if you have a good ref to that, please add on!)
- masterpost on writing more diversity into your story
- cultures of the world
- guides to drawing different ethnicities (not just a great art reference, but also really helpful in appearance descriptions!)
Mary Sue/Gary Stu
- Test to see if your character is a Sue
- Explains subdivisions of Sues/Stus
- Powerful Characters Don’t Have to Be Sues
- villain generator
- need an evil sounding name for your evil character? bam
- villain archetypes
- what’s your villain’s motive for being a villain?
- character perceptions (What your character thinks of themselves and what others think of them)
- how to write strong relationships between two characters
- 8 ways to write better characters and develop their relationships with others
- OCxLove Interest Handbook
- develop your couple with good ol’ Q&A!
- how to write realistic relationships
- how to write relatives for your characters (this is more OC related to a canon character, but will help in writing family members in general)
- 12 common archetypes
- 8 archetypes for male/female characters
- female archetypes (goes pretty indepth from two main categories)
- a list of archetypes
- tips for better design
- basic appearance generator
- pinterest board for character design (includes NSFW and images of skeletons/exposed muscle (?) so tread carefully!)
- clothing ref masterpost
- give your character better powers
- a list of professions
- proactive vs reactive characters
- positive and negative traits
- interest generator
- skills generator
- motivation generator
- 123 ideas for character flaws
- list of phobias
again, this is to help inspire you or help establish your OCs! i hope you get a lot of info and help from this ahh ( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ
"In early June I took home a kitten and was worried about introducing him to my ferrets. Watch him grow up with them."
Photos/caption via Imgur (full album HERE)
sometimes i like to draw my cats as food and i am not sorry.
Visitor Pictures: No fancy DSLR, no problem. Camera phones have been known to capture the beauty of the New England Aquarium just fine—from Leidy’s comb jellies to sea turtles to dwarf seahorses.
I JUST ABSOLUTELY LOVE HOW EVERYONE HAS JUST LOST ALL FUCKS TO GIVE WHEN IT COMES TO AWARDS SHOWS ANYMORE
when you accidentally start watching a crime show and can’t get yourself to switch the channel because now you wanna know who fucking did it
Happy birthday to the strongest man in ikebukuro, Shizuo Heiwajima
I will reblog this every single time